Tile with 6in of smooth river stone?

Knibitz

Pet Owner
I'm installing tile into my tank, and I have a 6in gap.
I do have another tile that I could cut and install, but I've seen someone take a gap and fill it with river stones. I really liked the look of it.
would it be ok to fill that big of a gap (12in X 6in) with stone?

I know they don't usually do well on slick substrates, so I guess that's my biggest concern.

Last edited:

monkeytechahoo

We grouted ours so nothing slipped under the tiles. The first time we just left it with a space, an boy was it an ugly surprise about 2wks later when I finally figured out where that smell was. *lol*

I would think the rocks would be ok, as long as they're like too big for the leo to mouth grab if they were chasing whatever insect you feed.

Knibitz

Pet Owner
We grouted ours so nothing slipped under the tiles. The first time we just left it with a space, an boy was it an ugly surprise about 2wks later when I finally figured out where that smell was. *lol*

I would think the rocks would be ok, as long as they're like too big for the leo to mouth grab if they were chasing whatever insect you feed.

oh definitely. They're the size of eggs XD but flat.

Knibitz

Pet Owner
It sounds fine to me as long as feeders don't die in between the stones.

Aliza

Alright :) awesome!
My girls on a strict feeding schedule and I watch her till she eats everything, so I don't think I'd have to worry about that.
Just have to worry about poo XD

Visit our friends