time has come

BSM

I been without a computer for a while but i have had a little project going on to see what my results would yield (amel x patty). I just recived eggs yesterday from the following pairs

male amel stripe x female wc stripe patternless
male amel stripe x female stripe het patty

male stripe het patty x female amel stripe

If the urban had no problem with the cross hopefully i wont as well

Any one else get any eggs from this project this season

Bryan

kenske

Sweet. Good luck with your project. Someone told me that patty x albino is a waste of time and will not produce good eggs/babies. Im hoping that;s not true. Please keep us updated.

Regards,
Kenny

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I am debating trying Zero x Amel... I have heard it is lethal too.. I wouldnt want to waste a female amel this year though... However, i am still contemplating it..

supperl

G.Man <- ask HJ
We have tried Amel*White out (by excident) and got no good eggs. The male was supposed to be something different.

For Patty and Albino, I put my money on what JMG said, that it is lethal(even thought we put a left over amel female to our male patty to proov it on our own :)

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
We have tried Amel*White out (by excident) and got no good eggs. The male was supposed to be something different.

For Patty and Albino, I put my money on what JMG said, that it is lethal(even thought we put a left over amel female to our male patty to proov it on our own :)

What has Jeff told you about Zero x Amel?

BSM

The thing i dont understand is why the urban had gotten them with no problem but everyone else is having problems. I'm guessing there like bell albinos in terms of getting the double homo form as craig said but i dont understand how two recessive genes crossing to make hets can be fatal. I'm not trying to breed so much this year as im working on re doing my basement so i can have more room just so nothing can get out of hand. Not much free time these days

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Supposably the Amel's Urban is working with are "new blood"..or WC Amels.. what could be letting Urban do this cross is maybe there is something different in the DNA of the WC Amel that allows them to be compatible with the Patternless.

Reason the cross is not compatible in the heterozygous form is because in it still has one copy of the Amel allele and one copy of the Patternless allele. The two genes are, up to now, proven not compatible.. The Phenotype may not display the Amel or Patty characteristics but the genotype is what matters here.

Now the reason i think the cross is not compatible is because the gecko will just not live. Maybe something is going on that we cant see in the DNA and the gecko can not process the right proteins to survive.. (that is just an example or idea of what can be going on)

Until i dont see a a Homozygous Patternless Amel... i wont believe it the heterozygous animals even exist.

SFgeckos

"Until i dont see a a Homozygous Patternless Amel... i wont believe it the heterozygous animals even exist."

Are you serious??? Uh...they do exist, sorry. *opens rack drawers*

Jon

Visit our friends