tokay calling

Jetfire

Whenever i go out to my parents house (which only happens when i absolutely cannot weasel out of it) i usually hear tokays calling. My dad is highly sensitive to most pesticides, so they use tokays. They're cheaper than exterminators, and don't leave dead bugs laying around. Every once in awhile we stumble across a little baby,so we consider it a bonus. I love their calls, very distinctive. Gotta love the pitbulls of the gecko world!

Jetfire

They live out in the country, and they have an old house. They used to have various pests, ranging from crickets to mice, and since i released 4 adults (2.2) about 3 yrs ago, they only see an occasional bug. Funniest thing I've seen in awhile was when her cat found a tokay... I'm not going to go into a detailed account of the encounter, let's just say it's not easy to detach an angry gecko from a cat's ear...

Jetfire

Just another item for the list of things that Chris will never attempt again ( along with marriage, swapping transmissions in a ford ranger, among other experiences )...the tokay wasn't even the worst part of the equation, the seriously pissed cat was. And of course my parents were laughing too hard to be of any real assistance ... took almost a month for the worst scratches to heal.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Awesome video! And hilarious story Chris! hahaha

Visit our friends