TUG Snows, Gem Snows, and Line Bred Snows

Kotsay1414

You feed 'em we breed 'em
My question is has anyone crossed a Mack Snow with either Line Bred Snows, Gem Snows, or TUG Snows and produced Super Snows?

O

okapi

Ive heard that:
Mack X linebred = super snow
Mack X gem = Super snow
and im pretty sure that the urban geckos snows were sold for the first time in 2006, so I doubt they have been crossed enough to test.

Since there have not been any super snows from gem X gem breedings or linebred X linebred I would assume that the mack gene can just completely dominate them in their loci and so they dont even get to show a blending of the traits. Similar to how the wild form is completely dominant over the mutant tremper albino gene in its loci. Meaning there are various degrees of dominance and recessiveness as opposed to the plain "on" or "off" switch idea.

Kotsay1414

okapi said:
Ive heard that:
Mack X linebred = super snow
Mack X gem = Super snow
and im pretty sure that the urban geckos snows were sold for the first time in 2006, so I doubt they have been crossed enough to test.
Do you know if the Mack Snows were Super Snows or the "het version?"

O

okapi

Donno, but I got my info on this website in the past like 5 months, I just dont remember which threads. I *think* that albey crossed Macks with linebreds, and I know that Reptilian gems crossed Macks with gems. Maybe both of them will post here..

Gazz

Kotsay1414 said:
My question is has anyone crossed a Mack Snow with either Line Bred Snows, Gem Snows, or TUG Snows and produced Super Snows?

I'm not sure about gem snows i've not head a lot on them other than there dominant not sure if that's true or not ?.Line bred x line bred snow give you still get 50/50 offsring but just harder to tell witch is mack witch is line basicly you wou get a better whiter line of macks rather than the more yellower ones that are becoming more common.Here two link to pic's of mack snow X lined snow.

http://www.rayhine.com/gallery pictures/DSCN1760.JPG
http://www.rayhine.com/gallery pictures/DSCN1761.JPG

Also Albey's rep's has this cross also have a serf on that site.

LeosForLess

gem x mack=super snow, dunno about oddsl

i don really know about line bred because gems have been called line breds.

PrototypeGeckos

Kotsay1414 said:

I believe both Kelli (hisss.net) and Jim (Reptilian Gems) atleast have both crossed Mack (not super form) X Gem and produced Supers, but Gem X Gem hasn't yet (and probably never will) produce supers as Mack X Mack does.

Gazz

Kotsay1414 said:

I don't think anything other than mack to mack will give you super snow ?.
Depends what you mean if you mean;
mack snow X line snow = 25%mack super snow_50%mack snow_25%line snow then it's a NO:main_thumbsdown: .

It's more along the lines of.
mack snow x line snow = 50%mack/line snow_50%line snow then.

mack/line snow X mack/line snow = 25%mack/line super snow _50%mack/line snow_25%line snow.

I think it would be the same sort of result with TUG & GEM ??.First generation NO super snows when breeding out of the mack line. Second generation yes when you breed back into the mack line a kind of combo mack/line super snow_mack/TUG super snow_mack/GEM super snow.

Last edited:

Kotsay1414

Gazz said:
I don't think anything other than mack to mack will give you super snow ?.
Depends what you mean if you mean;
mack snow X line snow = 25%mack super snow_50%mack snow_25%line snow then it's a NO:main_thumbsdown: .

It's more along the lines of.
mack snow x line snow = 50%mack/line snow_50%line snow then.

mack/line snow X mack/line snow = 25%mack/line super snow _50%mack/line snow_25%line snow.

I think it would be the same sort of result with TUG & GEM ??.First generation NO super snows when breeding out of the mack line. Second generation yes when you breed back into the mack line a kind of combo mack/line super snow_mack/TUG super snow_mack/GEM super snow.

People have had Super Snows in the first generation of Mack x Line Bred or Mack x Gem Snow. Okapi had a pretty good explanation of it.
okapi said:
Since there have not been any super snows from gem X gem breedings or linebred X linebred I would assume that the mack gene can just completely dominate them in their loci and so they dont even get to show a blending of the traits. Similar to how the wild form is completely dominant over the mutant tremper albino gene in its loci. Meaning there are various degrees of dominance and recessiveness as opposed to the plain "on" or "off" switch idea.

Gazz

Kotsay1414 said:
People have had Super Snows in the first generation of Mack x Line Bred or Mack x Gem Snow. Okapi had a pretty good explanation of it.

TUG's are lined also from what i've read there ancesters came from WC group of leo's so i'm thinking E'M'FASCIOLATUS so pretty much same line as Albey's just differant road.So if you can get super snow from breeding a mack to any other snow line and if your not keen on all that breeders name jargen you could call a snow a snow and a snow ghost a snow ghost and just refer to mack snow as a snow het super snow or a snow ghost het super snow as the breeding result would work out pretty much the same ? that way you only own a snow or a snow het super snow not all this GEM,Albey's,TUG,line snow snow snow.

snow het super snow X snow = super snows & snow possible het super snow.

snow het super snow X snow het super snow = super snow & snow het super snow & normals.

snow X snow = snow.

snow X normal = half normal half snow.

snow het super snow X normal = half snow het super snow half normal.

Would it work that way ? if bell,tremper,vagas was compatible i doutb very much we would have bell,tremper,vagas a albino would be a albino wooldn't it ?.

Here's a pasted on what TUG say's about TUG snows.

If there’s an absolute ideal for this type of morph, we think this is it. We acquired this incredible gene pool as a wild-caught group four years ago and we have been selectively breeding them ever since. There is much debate surrounding this unique and wonderful morph. From our breeding results, we believe our bloodline is a type of axanthic, a genetic trait where the subject has little or no yellow pigment. In most cases this trait has been proven to be recessive but in our group, we have proven it to be dominant. Our exclusive Snows are unrelated to any known in captivity, boasting incredible white coloration and reduced black spotting. This is truly a rare opportunity to acquire this remarkable lineage.

Last edited:

Visit our friends