UTH questions ..plz help ..

LifeKills11

Ummm I dnt have a thermostat for my APARTMENT...all I want to know is what temp shud I put the thermostat at nite time ??

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
You don't need to adjust your reptile's thermostat for night time. Leave it constantly at the temps already given to you for proper care.

prettyinpink

Yes, as the others have stated you can leave the heat on 24/7 as long as it's the accurate temps. You don't need to switch it at night. He/she will be crawling around at night.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
YES hon THAT is what we're trying to tell you. Put it on, set it, then leave it alone. Your leo will do great. What is it that you are concerned about with keeping his uth on all the time at that 88-95 range? As long as you mist your tank lightly regularly like every other day, make sure there is a water dish, and a temperature geradient then you're fine. The worst thing that can happen that I know of from a leo getting over heated is they can get dry and sluggish and possibly if they're over heated for a long time (which is unlikely since s/he should thermoregulate) is appetite might drop if he get's stressed from being too hot. All highly unlikely IF you take the proper measures to make sure he has enough moisture in his tank.

LifeKills11

thanks u guys .....iunno i was reading the chart thery had for temps for certian rptiles and it sed fora leo it should be 70-75 at night..but newayysss thanks u guys...:D ima try n get sum good pix of my leo and his new tank soon... !! maybe u guys can give me some tips on it =]

LifeKills11

One more questions =/ haha sorry!! Ummm all day today the temps on the floor on the warm side were 88-93f...but then on the cool side it was 80!:main_huh: is tht too hot for the cool side? ima keep an eye on the temps at nite tonite and c wat happens

roger

thanks u guys .....iunno i was reading the chart thery had for temps for certian rptiles and it sed fora leo it should be 70-75 at night..but newayysss thanks u guys...:D ima try n get sum good pix of my leo and his new tank soon... !! maybe u guys can give me some tips on it =]

Forget about what u read.this is the place where u want your info from.all the ppl that have answered your questions have given u the proper info.Learn from it and welcome

roger

One more questions =/ haha sorry!! Ummm all day today the temps on the floor on the warm side were 88-93f...but then on the cool side it was 80!:main_huh: is tht too hot for the cool side? ima keep an eye on the temps at nite tonite and c wat happens

there is a reason why your cool end is 80.It shouldnt be.Do u have your heat pad along the entire tank.If your ambient is 70 then thats what your cool end should be.although its not going to hurt the leo but the cool end should be room temperature so they can escape the heat

LifeKills11

It gets pretty hot in my apartment =/ i think ima run the air conditioner more often during the daay ..... like rite now its about 79...its actually dropping to 75.....and the warm side is roughly 90 degrees..

LifeKills11

yah i jus got the heat maat that said 10-20 gallon....hmm i put my hand to the floor ..doesnt seem tht warm=o but wen i turn the thermostat below 90 it turns off my heat matt...tht means tht its roughly 90 degrees rite? prob a stupid question bu tiunno need assurance..very anal leo owner =/

LifeKills11

u didnt read it correctly..the thermostat is made to turn off ur heat matt when it reaches the set temps correct? right now i have it set at 90 degrees and the red light is still on which means the heat matt is still on....following? so when i turn the knob jus one degree below 90 the red light turns off which mean the heat matt turns off which means the set temp is reached...so in other words..i have it set at 90 rite now..wen the red light turns off tht means it has reached 90 degrees..kuz the red light indicates tht the heat matt is turning off..

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Depending on what brand of thermostat you have it can go as much as 2-3 degrees over or under what you have it set at. some aren't as accurate as others.

LifeKills11

Of course I have a probe ...don't all thermostats come with one??

And dog shrink I have the Zilla 1000 thermostat watchya think??

prettyinpink

My cages don't have thermastats atm so I'm not sure how they work...but it doesn't sound like you have a way of measuring your tanks temps as you're stating how you're measuring it is when you're trying to turn it down and it shuts off.

If you had a temp probe (to measure your temps) you'd know what your temps are at. So do you have a tempature probe to measure your temps?

LifeKills11

Ooophhh I see wat ur tlkn about haha sorry .but no I don't ...the thermostat kinda does tht for me If u thnk abt it

Visit our friends