UTH questions

Natus

Hello people.
In the near future I will be getting a leopard gecko, maybe two depending on my funds.
I have done quite a bit of research on habitats and whatnot, also started building my own background and hides, the only thing I need is the tank and a heat source.
UTHs seems to be the way to go with leos due to the whole nocturnal reptile thing, but I can't find any information on what wattage the UTH should be, and I'm a bit worried since I've seen them ranging from 5W to around 50W.

I plan on getting a tank that's 85x40x50 (centimeters) (is that floorspace enough for 2, or should I go for 100) and I'm wondering what size and wattage UTH I will need for such a tank.

roger

Hello people.
In the near future I will be getting a leopard gecko, maybe two depending on my funds.
I have done quite a bit of research on habitats and whatnot, also started building my own background and hides, the only thing I need is the tank and a heat source.
UTHs seems to be the way to go with leos due to the whole nocturnal reptile thing, but I can't find any information on what wattage the UTH should be, and I'm a bit worried since I've seen them ranging from 5W to around 50W.

I plan on getting a tank that's 85x40x50 (centimeters) (is that floorspace enough for 2, or should I go for 100) and I'm wondering what size and wattage UTH I will need for such a tank.

The uth are for belly heat and have nothing to do with being nocturnal.i use heat tape but maybe something that uses the zoo med pads can chime in.I wouldnt recommend having 2 females together,leos are not social animals but if u insist on putting them together they need a 20 gallon.

snakegirl

the reason you cant find that info is because you can use ANY wattage, it does range from 5 and up. basically its the size of the mat your buying, all can be set to the heat setting you want, whatever cage or tank you use, you want Half (or less) to have the UTH, some Under tank heaters even come with the Info on what size tank its best for. Make sure you have your "UTH" plugged in to a thermostat good luck! Also in my opinion i would never keep 2 geckos together, female/female or Male/female for many reasons. but that's up to you

Visit our friends