UTH + Thermostat + Reptile Carpet

zet

Hey guys, just had a quick question about heating and temperature. So I have a heating pad on the bottom of my tank. I have a thermostat with probe against the glass under the carpet. I am unsure what temperature to set the thermostat to to achieve the proper temperatures? I'm trying to get about 90F on top of the carpet, but with the carpet there, I don't know how much heat it'll keep out. I currently have my thermostat set to 95F.

If anyone has a similar set up to mine, please share your opinions!

Thanks.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
What about putting your probe on top of the carpet and setting the thermostat to the temp you want on the floor on top of the carpet? That's what I do with my ceramic tile.

Aliza

zet

I was thinking about doing that, but my thermostat comes with a probe/little suction device that I can't get to stick to the carpet. And because the thermostat is pretty new, the wire curves weirdly so it's hard to get the probe to stay on the ground for completely accurate measurements. So I have it stuck to the glass with suction and carpet over it to weigh it down properly. I was just wondering if anyone else has a similar setup that can share some input :)

Thanks!

Visit our friends