UV Lights For Crested Gecko

jerry

All I Need Is My Leo ONYX
I Was Looking Into Getting A Crested Gecko And Have Been Looking At Them For A While, I Was Just Curious If Uv Lights Would Harm Them Or Stress Them Out? I Would Like That Extra Light In The Enclosure, But If It Isnt Good For Them Can I Use A Regular Light Bulb?

Thanks

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
UVB is really too strong for cresteds, but you could use a low level compact flouresent or plant bulb on a timer.

jerry

Ok Thanks, And What About The Foggers? Can You Have One Or Does It Make It Way To Humid? Thanks Again

Daedric1

I Was Looking Into Getting A Crested Gecko And Have Been Looking At Them For A While, I Was Just Curious If Uv Lights Would Harm Them Or Stress Them Out? I Would Like That Extra Light In The Enclosure, But If It Isnt Good For Them Can I Use A Regular Light Bulb?

Thanks

You really shouldn't use any type of light, but if you do, try a blue or red bulb. They won't bother the cresties.

This doesn't go in the leo forum. Try it in the Rhac section of the forum.

Also, I was kind have wondering...why do you almost always post with every word capitalized? Not only is it grammatically incorrect, but it's also annoying to look at (somewhat like reading something that was written with the Caps Lock key turned on). Just a heads up.

Jordan

cresties dont need any light source.
And if you do get a light get red or blue as mentioned and make sure your temps dont go too high from the light as cresties dont need it anywhere near as hot as leo's.
and im pretty sure you dont need a fogger.

Also, I was kind have wondering...why do you almost always post with every word capitalized? Not only is it grammatically incorrect, but it's also annoying to look at (somewhat like reading something that was written with the Caps Lock key turned on). Just a heads up.

yeh i agree with this, just didnt wnat to be the first to say lol.

but id kinda like to know why too...? it is really annoying.

jerry

Sorry it was a really bad habbit i got after i tried it when some friends of mine used to type like that lol, sorry about that ill be sure to remember not to

Visit our friends