Vision Versa Racks v. Rhino Raxx (or others?)

kkigs

I'm deciding on whether or not to buy a new rack, and would love some suggestions/feedback/opinions. I'm looking at the Rhino 5 sweater box sideways rack and the Vision 1754/56. If you have experience with either of these two products, please chime in. The factors I'm considering:

Efficiency - ability to maintain heat and humidity.
Flexibility - mixing 15 qt and 32 qt tubs.
Security - non escapable.
Emotional health - do the animals feel secure and comfortable?

There are probably more factors to consider, but for now that's what I'm up against. I have my own hypotheses, but need some real world feedback, since I don't own either product.

Thanks,

Keith

Dotworks01

I really really like the Animal Plastics Iris 375 rack i just bought i mean you have to buy tubs seperate but it all adds up to be the same it is a great rack and i poked 5 holes in 15 quarts both sides and my basement gets down to 55 on the other end and 65 where rack is and the tubs stay 75 and 90 on hot side i dont like open air such as vision as i dont think they are as efficient and give the animal as much security

kkigs

Thanks for bringing AP into the discussion; they do have competitive pricing so they should be considered. I'd love to see more pictures/description of their products, though, such as how the Flexwatt is routed and if it comes pre-wired and ready for use. Their website is drastically lacking in details, compared to Jeff's Rhino Raxx.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I have experience with both. Honestly, I think Boaphile Plastic racks are over priced. I used to own 2 - 41 qts, 1 - 6 qt, and still own 1 - sweater box rack. They work great, but there are many other companies offering the same product and offer more versatility tub wise and some companies will even do custom orders w/o hurting your wallet.

here are some websites to check out:

www.repti-racks.com
www.dragons4you.com

And you could never go wrong with www.animalplastics.com

Vision Racks, work great. I love the tubs, they are cheap, use heat cable (which is cheap compared to flexwatt, also if your heating element goes out it will not cost you an arm and a leg to get it repaired.), they are light weight and come with casters (most of them)

I havnt had problems with escapes, just remember to close the tubs ALL THE WAY! lol And if you have the time and are really looking to save money, build your own rack. But, if you are willing to invest a good amount of money into racks, i recommend ARS Caging. They make great stuff! I am also hearing great things from Freedom Breeders new rack designs.

Good Luck! :main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

kkigs

Thanks for the advice Imperial... the more I look at the AP product, the more I like it! In cost comparison, I really think it is the leader in the clubhouse, as well as looking better than the others. I am really leaning towards the EP Sterilite line, as it seems pretty easy to cover the sides/back with a good 3mil plastic, and still saves money and more importantly, weight over the full rack.

I have built my own racks in the past, including the 15 box rack I currently use. The problems are beginning to outweigh the benefit, though. Time, WEIGHT, materials and most of all, tools, are all a challenge, and then you have to get the measurements right or things really go south quickly. I'm becoming a big believer that these new plastic racks are really a superior way to go in the long run.

gixxer3420

All my racks are boamaster racks and they are by far my favorite racks out there! Ive owned reptile basic racks, AP racks. rept racks, and boa phile racks. Of course this is only my opinion and I think in the end its on preference than anything else.

malves85

I'm a newbie looking for a rack and found this thread. I like the 7 tub 1755 series rack by animal plastics. I have a choice of belly heat. Anyone know how this comes? Is it all hooked up and ready to plug in? I'm assuming I need a thermostat separately? Those of u who have this, what other items need to be purchased?

Visit our friends