WARNING : EXO TERRA FOAM BACKGROUND

doublet74

For about the past week I have been hearing a scratching noise in my tank. I figured it was just my leo scratchin at something. Well tonight I had some time so I decided to give my tank a quick cleanout. I started removing my fake plants and saw grey dust on the floor at the back of my tank. Upon further inspection it appears that 7 of the mealworms that I keep in a dish had escaped the dish and were now in the process of burrowing into my foam background. Needless to say I threw the worms and the background in the trash. Just figured I would share in case anyone else notices a fine grey dust in their terrarium. Tomorrow Im going to go buy 1 of those regular outside the tank background papers. Granted not as pretty to look at but not edible either.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, I had this happen with my magnatural hides and superworms. Pain in the neck, only not the neck.

Aliza

Josm315

I had a similar experience with the same background. I had superworms that burrowed into it for a good month before I cleaned out the tank. I decided it would be OK to try again with it, and sure enough when I switch to dubia, I found 3 in the holes the superworms made. The background now sits behind the terrarium where it still serves most of its purpose. Although, Tic sure did love climbing that wall.. =/

EnigmaEcho

Neo Starpphire Enigma
i was thinking of coating my foam backgrounds and terrain in a woodglue/peatmoss combo that would make it extreemly difficult to burrow through- anyone try that? id like to know if it would work???

Visit our friends