WARNING: Skull hide can be hazardous to geckos health :S

Neville

Snow Gecko
So as some of you have seen in the show off your cages thread I have a skull in my terrarium. The skull was my geckos fave spot to be. He never left. He use to go in and out though the side of skull via a large hole. He also use to go through the eyes and rarely through the nose. Last night he went through the nose for the first time in a while and well, got stuck. I guess hes too fat now. :main_thumbsdown:

I woke up and saw him hanging through the nose and thought he was coming to see me until I noticed he was just staying put. Then as I inspected I noticed his feet off the ground and I knew right away he was stuck. I have no idea for how long but I really hope it wasnt too long. :main_huh:

I had to take the skull out and figure out a way to get him out with out hurting him. I couldnt break or saw him out so I thought I would oil the back of his body. He was stuck at the hip area. Anyways after much pulling (Him, not me pulling) and even a big "F You" bite on my finger, he came out. He was really exhausted. Pretty much cuddled in my shirt till I made him a new home. Made him a warm moist hide to heal in. :main_yes:

I know theres some of you (like two or 3) that use the same one so plug up the holes or chuck it. Skull goes out and something new goes in. Live and learn. :p

snakegirl

i bet you he was trying to be ALL super cool in the skull, and when he got stuck he was like :blush: , :speechless: , :uhoh2: , then just MAD he got stuck "Why must you see me this way!!!" lol glad you got him out, am sure he will find another hide and he can pretend its a skull

Joao

v Snowflake v
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Stuff some red soaked tissue in the nostrils. He won't get stuck anymore and he will think that you punched the skull out for causing him pain!

Daedric1

i bet you he was trying to be ALL super cool in the skull, and when he got stuck he was like :blush: , :speechless: , :uhoh2: , then just MAD he got stuck "Why must you see me this way!!!" lol glad you got him out, am sure he will find another hide and he can pretend its a skull

Hahaha...oh man...crazy geckos.

SudeepHArya

So as some of you have seen in the show off your cages thread I have a skull in my terrarium. The skull was my geckos fave spot to be. He never left. He use to go in and out though the side of skull via a large hole. He also use to go through the eyes and rarely through the nose. Last night he went through the nose for the first time in a while and well, got stuck. I guess hes too fat now. :main_thumbsdown:

He's Not Fat he's Just Big Boned :main_laugh:

Visit our friends