was too hot with UTH

roger

He still won't eat crickets though! I thought temps would fix that.

The crickets just crawl all over him and he doesn't care.

In fact two of the crickets have been in there so long they are chirping now! They have grown that much bigger. They didn't chirp before.

Right now two of the chirping crickets are in my gecko's warm hide, and my gecko is on TOP of the hide lol because he's afraid to go in there with the monster crickets.

Sometimes the crickets will sneak up behind him and he will fling them away with his tail.

Hmm.

He seems to only want to eat superworms. But he only eats 2 which doesn't seem enough. I'm worried still. Plus I can't dust the superworms, calcium doesn't stick. So I'm worried my gecko isn't getting enough calcium. I have calcium powder in his food dish but I never see him lick it, ever.

If he eats superworms then he's eating right?.2 worms are just what he needs.Is he eating 2 super worms everyother day?

sammer021486

He still won't eat crickets though! I thought temps would fix that.

The crickets just crawl all over him and he doesn't care.

Some geckos do not like certain food types. I had a male that would only eat supers, nothing else.

In fact two of the crickets have been in there so long they are chirping now! They have grown that much bigger. They didn't chirp before.

It is a good idea to remove uneaten crickets after a few minutes, if the gecko shows no interest in them. That will prevent the crickets from nibbling on the gecko.

Plus I can't dust the superworms, calcium doesn't stick. So I'm worried my gecko isn't getting enough calcium. I have calcium powder in his food dish but I never see him lick it, ever.

You can spritz the worms with a spray of water to get them wet so the calcium would stick or purchase Allen Repashy's Calcium Plus.

I use Repashy's Calcium Plus and it sticks to the supers and mealies for a long long long time. It is also marketed as T-Rex's Leopard Gecko Dust

Visit our friends