Waxworm addiction

sarahaney6

I picked up a female 41g at the expo in NH about a month ago. Two days after getting her home she took three meal worms and one Waxworm. Now I know that some Leos can become addicted to them but i had never experienced that first hand so I kind of brushed off the warnings and gave it to her anyway.... Well now I have problem. She won't take anything else. Not hornworms, pheonix, meal, dubia, or supers. I've done some reading on here and it seems the general consensus is that I should withhold food for a few days and ONLY offer dubia or meal worms. I've been offering roughly every third day and she refuses everything. She closes her eyes and turns away after licking it to see if it's a wax worm or not. She hasnt lost any weight since I got her and I have seen her eating calcium and drinking water. Her husbandry is on point and she seems perfectly healthy otherwise. Also I have tried leaving a dish of worms in hertank for a few days and she never touched any of them...

I'm hoping that someone on here might have suggestions on getting her eating dubia specifically. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Neon Aurora

Geckos can become picky, but I really doubt one waxworm is a problem. Right now is the time most females are ovulating, so I don't think lack of an appetite is unusual. Keep an eye on her weight and continue to offer food. Only if she starts dropping weight rapidly would I worry.

Visit our friends