what do you use to cover foam?

Lupe

I'm working on a little something for my leo's cage but I need something to cover the foam insulation I'm using. So my question is what do you use? Grout? Cement? Air dry clay? What do you suggest and do I need a sealant? Help is much loved!

lupe-
my girl and i are new gecko owners and don't know much yet. but we have started a "rock wall" backround. we just went to hobby lobby and bought styrofoam there. my girl has this wicked sweet styrofoam carving wand that she uses for her other art projects that we used to form the foam how we wanted it. and i've been using grout and puting on a thin coat, then let that cure in water overnight, then cure in air for a couple days. i'm up to three coats now, and it seems quite hard and durable. soon i'm going to paint it to give it a more random stone feel to it. maybe i can track down my camera to give you a pic of what i'm talking about-

ok- some pics of what i'm talkin' 'bout. it's in its air-dry stage right now, so it's still half wet and half dry. keep in mind that it will be painted later and then given a black wash.

1001642d.jpg

1001643h.jpg

1001645bn.jpg

1001644w.jpg

F

fikken

they have styrofoam cutters that looks exactly like a cheese slicer. its a metal line (sharp) tethered between two ends

Visit our friends