What is the maxium I can give my baby gecko?

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

I have a 4 month old baby leopard gecko, what is the maximum crix you can give gecko of that age? We usually stop her at 7 or 8 crix a sitting. I know your suppost to let them have as much as they can eat, but she would probably eat 25 crix if we let her. So, should I let her keep eating as much as she can even if it's a crazy amount? Or should I stop her at an amount? If stop her at an amount which amount? And what is that absolute maximum for a gecko of her age? Thanks. :)

T

Trevor's Leo

Well, it's really hit or miss. Leo's are said to not eat more then they can. And if they do, they will regurgitate it back up. But, If she acts super hungry the next feeding, give her a few more. It's a matter of trial and error

M

mushraeddur

I'd like to add a question to this. I've been offering food (meal worms...for some reason she/he won't eat crickets) every night. Sometimes she/he eats 5-10 of them...other times she may eat 2-3 or even none. Should I be offering food every evening?

btw...my leo has never over indulged to the point of regurgitating...and I just feed her/him until he/she decides she/he doesn't want anymore.

RoninSTi

My little girl is only 17g and I always have about 10 mealworms available to her in a dish. I'll alternate between crickets (about 5 1/2"ers) or 1 medium superworm. Sometimes I wake up and all the mealies are gone, sometime she doesn't touch them. I think it's normal for their eating paterns to vary a little day to day.

M

mushraeddur

So i should continue offering her food eveyday like i have been then?

roger

I would let her eat as much as she wants,because there will be a time when she will go off feeding.Then u will be posting that your leo stopped easting LOL.That is agood problem that she has a voracious appetite.Enjoy it LOL

mindgamer8907

First of all 8 crickets for a three month old is good, you've got a good eater on your hands. However, you don't want to limit the gecko's eating unless you reach that 18th large cricket in an hour for your gecko. If the gecko's belly is distended to the point that she looks like she's walking funny from eating crickets that is the time to stop her, otherwise let her pig out. She'll grow faster and be safer when she occasionally goes off food.

bjleemkuil

They KNOW when they aren't hungry anymore and you will be able to tell. When they are hungry they avidly go after it, if they aren't they usually walk away from it =)

Visit our friends