What temperature?

Franklinj480

Warm side, 88F-96Fish is where I keep mine. Cool side is whatever the room temp fluctuates. Your leo will move to the temp zone he needs : ]

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
The warm side on mine goes from 75-85 degree's and herpstate 40-60, it moves with the heat of the room itself and she lives in her shell all day with to small moist sponges and seems very contented.

Blazebabe

85 is not warm enough should be 88-95 degrees
If i do it at those temprature's then the herpstate goes very low and it's not carrying the moisture she needs and if i spray the tank more it still does'nt rise above 10, which is no good for her.:)

Phil

moisture.. spray.. leo?? Something is not working out here..

I found my leo prefers best hot temp between ~88 and 95f MAX. Above that they go out of their hot hide during the day.

Phil

Blazebabe

moisture.. spray.. leo?? Something is not working out here..

I found my leo prefers best hot temp between ~88 and 95f MAX. Above that they go out of their hot hide during the day.

Phil
Hi Phil,

Blaze works ok with the temps i've set and if i take it any higher the prostate is way to low and never goes in the yellow zone it stops in the red zone on 10 and she's in her hide all day plus i have two lights on at the back of the tank giving warmth besides and at night i've got a red lamp bulb coming on and off for warmth and they need moisture to help with the shedding of the skin and i spray it at night which they like with luke warm water.
She's healthy and eating well and as gained weight a fare bit in 2mths.:)

Last edited:

Phil

U should do a bit more research cuz ur wrong. Leos are from a desertic climate not tropical. They need a sheeding BOX not the whole cage with high humidity. Plus.. what are u using to take ur humidity level? U need something accurate and a simple "exo-terra kind" doesnt do the job. 75f is WAY too low, 85f is closer to what it should be. Also they need a UTH not a basking light. They get their heat thru their belly.

Phil

Blazebabe

I have done research phil and before blaze i had two males who was very healthy in their enviroment and lastnight blaze shed her skin again, the temp can reach 85f but it does alter to the room temperature in which her tanks in and at night i've got a UVA red lamp on and refering moisture in their hides, you spray abit of water in their tanks also at night, i would'nt dream of having a Leo without knowing what to do first.

My philosophy is (if it's not broke don't fix it) Blaze is well cared for.

I'm adding a pic of her tank below.

hthfg6.jpg

roger

I have done research phil and before blaze i had two males who was very healthy in their enviroment and lastnight blaze shed her skin again, the temp can reach 85f but it does alter to the room temperature in which her tanks in and at night i've got a UVA red lamp on and refering moisture in their hides, you spray abit of water in their tanks also at night, i would'nt dream of having a Leo without knowing what to do first.

My philosophy is (if it's not broke don't fix it) Blaze is well cared for.

I'm adding a pic of her tank below.

hthfg6.jpg

Then your research should have told u that sand is not the greatest substrate to use and the temp gauges you have stuck on the side of your tank are useless.Dont disregard phils advice.Its quite sound

roger

If i do it at those temprature's then the herpstate goes very low and it's not carrying the moisture she needs and if i spray the tank more it still does'nt rise above 10, which is no good for her.:)

what are you talking about,your herpstat goes low.that doesnt make sense?

Blazebabe

Then your research should have told u that sand is not the greatest substrate to use and the temp gauges you have stuck on the side of your tank are useless.Dont disregard phils advice.Its quite sound
Well refering the sand i had it with my other's and Blaze is ok with it as a substrate and i always think everyone to their own as long as your leo is fine and i have'nt stuck the temp gauges on the side they was build in with the tank when i brought it, the same time as blaze and the light's with it.:)

Blazebabe

what are you talking about,your herpstat goes low.that doesnt make sense?
If i set the temp so it's at 90f the hygrometer goes to 10 and stops at that and that's way to low as it's in the red zone but if it goes from 40-60 it stops in yellow and the temp stops ok reaching 85f, that's showing that humidity for her is ok.

Blazebabe

Hi Phil and Roger i've upped Blaze's temperature this morning and it's at 85f so far, so hopefully my girl should be ok from when i brought her.

Phil

Sorry Blaze but ur completly wrong on so many crucial points.. temp, substrate, humidity and cage sizing.

Blazebabe

Well phil, her temp now is at 90 and during the night it droped to 70 and refering her cage size there's plenty of room for Blaze unless where i had it from don't know what they're on about either and should be out of business and concerning the substrate it's what i use and it's everyone to their own.

I think the size of this tank inside is a good enough size for one leo and she seems well conteneted to me.

2ltswgo.jpg

10fz32e.jpg

Last edited:

roger

Well refering the sand i had it with my other's and Blaze is ok with it as a substrate and i always think everyone to their own as long as your leo is fine and i have'nt stuck the temp gauges on the side they was build in with the tank when i brought it, the same time as blaze and the light's with it.:)

.A lot of your husbundry is WRONG like phil told u.Again if u did your research it would tell you that in the short term sand is tolerable but in the long term it is dangerous.U continually think u need to spray your leos down and keep humidity up,you are WRONG

Last edited:

roger

If i set the temp so it's at 90f the hygrometer goes to 10 and stops at that and that's way to low as it's in the red zone but if it goes from 40-60 it stops in yellow and the temp stops ok reaching 85f, that's showing that humidity for her is ok.

You are way off base.I still dont know what your talking about????.Why are consistently talking humidity.just their humid hides need to be moist.U need to set your thermostat high enough to get your tub floor surface to 88-95

Visit our friends