What temperature?

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
Roger i am not going to get into an argument or debate on temperature or how my leo is housed and i have done research 'THANK YOU' but being as i've housed 2 before who was healthy i cannot see the point in this discussion keep going, as i shall definitely not do so.

roger

85 is not warm enough should be 88-95 degrees

Roger i am not going to get into an argument or debate on temperature or how my leo is housed and i have done research 'THANK YOU' but being as i've housed 2 before who was healthy i cannot see the point in this discussion keep going, as i shall definitely not do so.

If u have done your research it would have told you leos need a moist hide not have their complete enviroment misted daily.When I hear wrong info being thrown out there I am going to respond.Your temps on the warm end are borderline cool.you are misting your leos too much with way too much humidity which will cause respiratory problems.Be prepared to have your info challenged if u post on the foruims

Last edited:

IslaReina

Blazebabe, how do you know your leo is "contented" (which is not a word...)? Did she tell you, or what...? If you're going to come on this forum, you should expect people to try to spread their knowledge about gecko husbandry. Just because your leo seems "fine" does NOT mean that she will be fine in the long run. Don't try to come and give ADVICE to people when you obviously have not read any good caresheets or other opinions about gecko husbandry. You say that "to each his own," when your husbandry is FAR different from most of the experienced leopard gecko breeders on this site. If you want to keep your gecko under cold, humid conditions then fine, but don't argue when people try to give you advice and definitely don't go around spreading your poor husbandry to others. Let the people with generations of geckos and years of experience handle the advice giving. Or at least people who have studied and followed what more experienced keepers have said.

fl_orchidslave

Jacob, do not follow blazebabe's examples. I'm sorry that your thread has become such a mess. The warm end, about 1/3 of the floor space, should be 88-95 as stated in other posts. Leave the rest at room temperature. Get a digital probe thermometer to monitor your warm side, attach the probe to the floor surface over the warmest spot.

roger

Jacob, do not follow blazebabe's examples. I'm sorry that your thread has become such a mess. The warm end, about 1/3 of the floor space, should be 88-95 as stated in other posts. Leave the rest at room temperature. Get a digital probe thermometer to monitor your warm side, attach the probe to the floor surface over the warmest spot.

fl_orchidslave- stop being a meaniehead poopies :D:):main_yes: JK

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
Blazebabe, how do you know your leo is "contented" (which is not a word...)? Did she tell you, or what...? If you're going to come on this forum, you should expect people to try to spread their knowledge about gecko husbandry. Let the people with generations of geckos and years of experience handle the advice giving. Or at least people who have studied and followed what more experienced keepers have said.

First of all i have not joined this site/forum to part take in childish rants/arguments and play tennis with silly remarks such as above, i am and will take on board all criticism as long as it is helpful and not of a nasty nature, we are all leaners when it comes to wild animals or other species of life. I have not ever said i was an expert in Geckos but just that i have kept two before in simular circumstances and they were very healthy when i had to pass them on because of a personal illness at the time and as far as i know are still alive and healthy. From what some members on here are stating it looks like i was wrong, so it must have been just pure luck that they remained ok during the 3/4 years in my care.

I have now changed my temperature to 88f on the microclimate box which incorperates a cage sensor which inturn works the heater in my case a heated 100w lamp also combined with two rear 12w energy saving bulbs in the cage/tank themometer is now reading 92 and as risen to 96 a couple of times, the hygrometer reads 34, as you an tell from my set up i do not have underfloor heat pad/pads but overhead heating from said items above, refering to the substrate i understand that it could be a problem from compaction but as i say in the 3/4 years of owning my other geckos i had no such problem and i hope i do not with this gecko i may in the future change this but for now i am happy using the calci sand which i was advised to use from the reptile staff at the store i purchased the set up from and from my prevoius use. It would be nice if the more knowledgeable members of the forum could answer in a more appropriate manner other than trying to put people down as we all join forums like this for helping one another not nit picking anyway, that's my little rant over thank you for your advice.

roger

First of all i have not joined this site/forum to part take in childish rants/arguments and play tennis with silly remarks such as above, i am and will take on board all criticism as long as it is helpful and not of a nasty nature, we are all leaners when it comes to wild animals or other species of life. I have not ever said i was an expert in Geckos but just that i have kept two before in simular circumstances and they were very healthy when i had to pass them on because of a personal illness at the time and as far as i know are still alive and healthy. From what some members on here are stating it looks like i was wrong, so it must have been just pure luck that they remained ok during the 3/4 years in my care.

I have now changed my temperature to 88f on the microclimate box which incorperates a cage sensor which inturn works the heater in my case a heated 100w lamp also combined with two rear 12w energy saving bulbs in the cage/tank themometer is now reading 92 and as risen to 96 a couple of times, the hygrometer reads 34, as you an tell from my set up i do not have underfloor heat pad/pads but overhead heating from said items above, refering to the substrate i understand that it could be a problem from compaction but as i say in the 3/4 years of owning my other geckos i had no such problem and i hope i do not with this gecko i may in the future change this but for now i am happy using the calci sand which i was advised to use from the reptile staff at the store i purchased the set up from and from my prevoius use. It would be nice if the more knowledgeable members of the forum could answer in a more appropriate manner other than trying to put people down as we all join forums like this for helping one another not nit picking anyway, that's my little rant over thank you for your advice.

Your childish rant above belongs in the rant section;) ! yes we do have one ! ;)Once you are challenged with your wrong info you and go on the defensive you flip it back and tell people they are putting you down.Again you are wrong.People gave you sound advice. Your the typical person who has done all this research and relys on a pet store employee who suggest calci sand, and then posts on this forum asking for constuctive criticsm and once they get the proper info from several people you still debate.If you did your research like you said you did then you would see that your husbundry is wrong.A hygrometer???maybe thats another item the pet store employee told you to get.Leos dont need high humidity only a humid container and they certainly dont need a ton of light bulbs shining down on them 24/7 among other things.they get stressed with constant light.

Last edited:

roger

To the original OP follow fl_orchidslaves sound advice.

rickmoss95

if you go spend a little money(between 25 and 50 bucks) you can buy an infra red temp gun(pro exotics brand) that will read your surface temps VERY accurately. i am new to leos to speak of, but i have been keeping and breeding boids for 23+ years and these are some of the most important tools a herp keeper can have! those stick on thermos only tell AIR temps where they are stuck on, not the surface area where the gecko will spend all of its time. you can know hot spots, cool spots, humid hide, and even the animals temps instantly...no guesses

Visit our friends