What to expect when introducing geckos?

C

Calibur

I've been planning on getting another female and housing them together in a 20g long together. Should I expect some nipping here and there as they establish some sort of pecking order? I would assume some aggression at first might be expected. Or should I separate at the first sign of aggression?

Khrysty

I usually separate at the first sign of aggression. My females are pretty laid back. Sometimes they're wary of newcomers and they'll lick them for a while, but if they're going to get along, they usually don't do much more than that. I did have one incident where I introduced a new girl and within ten minutes there was a violent brawl...that girl now lives by herself.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I posted last night, my girls that have been living together for around 10 months, last night stevie my tremper got attacked by spot the blizzard, safe to say she was now seperated, however quarentine your new arrivial, then maybe show them to eachother outside the viv see how they get along, then place them all together and watch carefully for a couple of hours.

Of course as proven they can randomly just attack eachother so allways keep a sharp eye out.

GeckoNub

When i introduced 2 of mine together they were ok at first. My bigger one was very excited and was licking the smaller one a lot, then the smaller one turned round and bit the bigger one on the neck....and the bigger one ran away and hid in the moist hide :laugh4:

Theyre separated now and i think the one that was smaller then that has now grown very big will have to be on her own all the time, shes just too bossy hehe

Visit our friends