What to Mist?

migdem

I have the whole enclouser with coconut moss. The hide is moisten with coconut moss.

I mist the hide.

Should I moist the whole enclouser as well or not?

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
You only need to mist the humid hide for a leopard gecko. You should have another hide that isn't moist too, and put them on opposite sides of the tank, one on the cool side and one on the hot side. I keep my humid hides on the cool side, but other than drying it out quicker I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep it on the hot side if you like.

migdem

ok thanks. About the water to drink I just give them a shallow bowl right? I do not need to spray the glass?

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Yes, just the bowl. They might lick water off the sides if you sprayed it, but they are a desert species and too much humidity could actually harm them over the long haul.

migdem

Thank you :)

I hope i have success with them. I have 2 juvi leos and 2 aft's (1 male is not eating :( but i reckon he is not hungry)

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
i wouldn't use coconut fiber for the substrate either. they could easily ingest it and if they do spill their water, it will retain moisture and increase the humidity. i always suggest paper towels or tile for substrate.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
some people use the stick down tiles, and some use actual ceramic tiles. i think its harder to get the correct temps by using the stone tiles though. i only use paper towels. you dont want any loose substrate for leos.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
not for leopard geckos. they are insectivores and cannot properly digest plant matter. i use orchid moss in my moist hides, but its in very large clumps.

Visit our friends