Whats considered a "adult"

StopperExotics

That's all relative, because each and every gecko has it's own "mode" of doing things. Generally weight is the best way to do this, and you can guarantee your gecko is an adult if they are better than 45 grams.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I agree and disagree. I think age (like everything else in the world) determines when something is an adult. There is a difference between being an adult and being mature. Some geckos will not reach 45g until a year or longer, even if cared for properly. After a year and a half I would consider a leopard gecko an adult. I have had some of my geckos get 45+g in only 3-4 months. Just because they were of weight doesn't mean they are adults or safe to breed them. So answering your question...being an "adult" I would say 1 1/2 years old.

StopperExotics

Again, it's all relative. If the gecko is 100 grams at 9 months (Giant) then you have to be knowledgeable enough to understand that the gecko itself isn't going to be mature until much later in life compared to a regular or non-giant gecko. Age does play a factor, of course, but as a rule of thumb if you aren't the breeder of the gecko, you need to use weight as a reference as well. Just my two cents.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
I agree and disagree. I think age (like everything else in the world) determines when something is an adult. There is a difference between being an adult and being mature. Some geckos will not reach 45g until a year or longer, even if cared for properly. After a year and a half I would consider a leopard gecko an adult. I have had some of my geckos get 45+g in only 3-4 months. Just because they were of weight doesn't mean they are adults or safe to breed them. So answering your question...being an "adult" I would say 1 1/2 years old.

+1

Visit our friends