WHICH MALE....?

S

Sirron

Or should I say males, I have four very different females and I'm trying to figure out which males I should get. I only have space for two or so. I have a Mack Snow het Bell, Tremper, Las Vegas and Hypo Tang. I know I'm probably going to have to get a different male for each, so which two should I start with?

Thanks for the help

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Mack snow het bell I would pair with a Bell, or another mack het bell.

Tremper i would pair with a blizzard, blizzard eclipse if possible.

Las vegas Not many people work with so I would either normal het nothing, mack het nothing, or another las vegas.

Hypo tang either another hypo, or a shtct/b

S

Sirron

Is there a male that would go with two of the females? or is that wishful thinking? I'm a little challenged when it comes to genetics but I was thinking a MS het nothing could cross with my MS, Tremper and LV snow? and what if I let him cross witht the sht?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
MS is a good gene to stick with multiple genes, Also, I did not know if you wanted multiple mack snow different albino strains, Don't cross the albinos together.
Erm

Ms x Ms het bell, you would recieve Normals macks and supers all 50% het for bell.
Ms x Tremper, would get normals and macks, all het for tremper.

Your LV is a snow?
If so I would say MS would go well, snows, normals, Supers all het for LV

and the shtct, I would preferably try and keep it getting more and more tangerine in it and more carrot tail, so I would stay off the snows for them.

Myself love the snows most of my combos are with them.

S

Sirron

I've done quite a bit of reading but the genetics thing is still a little bit beyond me. the MS x MS het bell would only have a 25% het bell right?

Anyways

If I get a super (pos. het bell) from the MS x MS het bell and breed back to the female I'd get 50% SS maybe bell

A Super het LV from the MS x LV Snow and breed back to the female I'd get %50 SS LV

And a MS het Tremper from the MS x Tremper and breed back to the female 25% MS Tremper

I'm not really sure what direction I want to go but I thought a MS would go well with three out of the four

What about a red stripe could that cross with the Tang? I could cross it with the LV and get Raining Red Stripes right?

But I don't really know what all the options are :/

Last edited by a moderator:

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
Or should I say males, I have four very different females and I'm trying to figure out which males I should get. I only have space for two or so. I have a Mack Snow het Bell, Tremper, Las Vegas and Hypo Tang. I know I'm probably going to have to get a different male for each, so which two should I start with?

Thanks for the help

If it where up to me and I can only afford 2 males. I would get a Super snow bell or Super snow bell enigma for your MS het. bell.

And the nicest tang tang you can possibly get and breed it to your Tremper, Rainwater and tang.

Remember you don't HAVE to breed ALL of them. If you want to keep it small and simple just buy one male and breeding to one or two females.
My favorite would be Super snow bell enigma X MS het. bell. You can get a nice variety of geckos from that pair.:main_thumbsup: That way you always stay surprised LOL.

J.

S

Sirron

I have had fish for a long time so i've actually got a lot of empty tanks now that I think about it. BUT I don't really want to get more than 2 males. I have the four females and I only intended to get one. The gecko habit is getting out of hand pretty quick, lol.

I should also mention the Mack Snow het Bell is also 66% het eclipse

S

Sirron

What about a sunglow to match with the sht and the tremper? I found one that I kind of like, I'm trying to get more info on him though.

Visit our friends