Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Female

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Both

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
I thought females have many heatlh problems because they could gone to gravid or producing eggs without mating but they could have in grave danger they live short life.

Males live longer and no much heatlh problems

Can you give options about this?

M

M&I Gecko

Males can have prolapses too. Leopard geckos in general can have many health problems. I think the only disadvantage females have is dystocia and the stress of laying.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
If it were a pet only, males tend to be much brighter, I also feel that they have more personalities...not always good but they tend to be more unique. IMO

VampyricAngelX

I can only judge based on the 3 I own now but I'd say males, at least for me. My Dante is very calm and sometimes seems to like being held. My female is a little drama queen... But then again, my other male doesn't like to be touched much either, but he doesn't freak out when I pick him up out of his tank - only when he's out does he squirm to get away.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
As far as my leos go, my males tend to be a lot more docile and easy to handle. I have no idea why! ALL of my females have very mean personalities lol, I dont know why.

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
I have to pick a male.My female never wants to get hold and every female I hold at a local show they all run but the males will just sit in my hand for a long time without moving.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
im going to say males, and this comes form over 20 years of breeding and raising ALL types of reptiles. the biggest and only real problem i see compaired to males is that females can still produce eggs or eggsacks even when not breed. causeing them to go off feed, and putting not only the animals but the owners under stress too. so yeah, boys are better than girls =-P!!!

SassyAbi

I only have a male but hes very calm most of the time and doesnt mind being held. i hear the females can be fiesty haha

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος
I currently have one male and one female leopard gecko.

The female has the most atrocious, offensive personality. But she's pretty.

I much prefer my male.

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
I chose female for the fact that if one wants to add another female gecko in the future they can without producing more geckos or having a fight on your hands like there would be with multiple males. In my opinion geckos attitudes are individual to them, not based on gender. I have docile and more aggressive Leos of both genders.

Visit our friends