Wierd Reaction.

RocksMama77

Ok so one day I got out my Roxie girl and let her wander around the bed for a while. Well my little mixed dog who is 7 and a wonderful sweet dog comes out of no where and jumps on the bed. I didn't make a big deal because at first neither saw each other. Well sammy, my dog, spots the gecko and starts to shake all over. I didn't want any problems so I calmly put roxie back. No big deal. I didn't think much of it till I got roxie out again the other day. Well I put her on me as she likes to climb on me. Well sammy sees her runs up to me, shaking all over. I put my hand over Roxie and sammy runs halfway to the bed room turns and looks at me does a little bark and takes off full speed into the bedroom. Very strange, but after i put Roxie back I found Sammy under my bed shaking and refusing to come out. LOL I have no idea what is going on with her. I have never seen sammy afraid of anything except getting her nails clipped. She is basically fearless as well as an awesome predator. She can catch anything outside so her reaction is a little confusing. Can she really be afraid of a little lizard.

F.Y.I Roxie was completely clueless both times. She does stalk all the dogs while in her cage and is very reactive to tail wagging.

Khrysty

I have two dogs. One of them thinks my geckos are the coolest toy ever. He sits and whines and paws at them because he thinks we're going to throw them for him to catch. I'm pretty sure that's a normal dog reaction.. we keep him out of the reptile room.

Our other dog, ironically also named Sam, is terrified of all small things. He's afraid of babies, puppies, kittens (and cats!), mice, and yes, my geckos. We can't figure out why. He doesn't have as extreme a reaction as your Sammy but he will back away shaking his head whenever anything small comes near him. Quite strange indeed

shadowdragon619

Finds me a dragon!
i have four dogs. all have different reacactions:

Jojo, the german shepherd- wants to eat the lizards, and goes "hey, new squeaky toy"

Maggie and Chloe, black and yellow labs- eh, whatever, another animal in the house. they just kinda sniff at the lizards, and dont mind if the lizard crawls on them.

Molly- terrior mixed with who knows what- has the same reaction as your dog. she shakes and shys away from me when i have the lizards out...she goes and hides. so yeah. i have no idea why b/c she's the smallest dog we have, but she's the tuffest...and she's scared of a little lizard, that with one CHOMP or STOMP...the lizard would be gone.

wierd. sorry, i has no explaination for you, cuz i'm wondering the same things.

sorry this was long, lol

Visit our friends