Wood or Rocks

cowana

Wood like bamboo or Grapewood is good for them to climb. It can also help them wear down their nails. I have Grapewood in my tank because it isn't so slick as bamboo. Then lots of vegetation for them to climb and hide in. If you are using live plants make sure you are checking what plants are safe. I have the fake terrarium plants in mine, since I'm not doing a bioactive tank. Then a few ledges for them to sleep on or that you can place food on is also a good idea.

Amy

fabianbigge1

Wood like bamboo or Grapewood is good for them to climb. It can also help them wear down their nails. I have Grapewood in my tank because it isn't so slick as bamboo. Then lots of vegetation for them to climb and hide in. If you are using live plants make sure you are checking what plants are safe. I have the fake terrarium plants in mine, since I'm not doing a bioactive tank. Then a few ledges for them to sleep on or that you can place food on is also a good idea.

Amy
So they don't lime to climb on rocks? I have them in this set up :
1487b4efa9c98a91dff8df2c95c54c57.jpg

I did aquariums before I made vivariums. I was wondering about the rocks because I wanted to make an iwagumi style vivarium, so I wanted to add some rocks.

cowana

So they don't lime to climb on rocks? I have them in this set up :
1487b4efa9c98a91dff8df2c95c54c57.jpg

I did aquariums before I made vivariums. I was wondering about the rocks because I wanted to make an iwagumi style vivarium, so I wanted to add some rocks.

I'm not so sure about rocks. I don't think they encounter them a whole lot in their natural habitat. They are mostly arboreal and spend time climbing trees. I would also be careful with the texture of the rock. If it was too rough it may cut them. Not saying you probably couldn't do it, but it isn't their standard setup so I don't know how'd they take to it.

fabianbigge1

I'm not so sure about rocks. I don't think they encounter them a whole lot in their natural habitat. They are mostly arboreal and spend time climbing trees. I would also be careful with the texture of the rock. If it was too rough it may cut them. Not saying you probably couldn't do it, but it isn't their standard setup so I don't know how'd they take to it.
Thanks!

Visit our friends