ZOO MED forest tile background as flooring

Eve Saint

I was thinking about how certain substrate is messy or how the crickets can hide in the substrate and make meal time an annoyance for my lizards. I know sand is dangerous for Leopard geckos. So I saw this humidity resistant tileing and decided that I would use it on the floor in a certain area of the tank. Rather than the bare glass bottom of the tank. I will place it in the tank as soon as the crickets are all consumed and I clean out the tank again.

Attachments

• forest tile background.jpg
    forest tile background.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 80

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Looks like a pretty good solution! Was to use some ingenuity! Do you think it will be fairly easy to clean up??

Eve Saint

OH yes I think it will. I usually clean almost every day. Diamond eats alot-SO always alot to clean up- ;)
which im used to anyway! haha

Jetfire

I was looking at that tile at Petco today.I would almost flip it over, and put it in upside down.less cracks and crevices to have to figure out how to clean.just my thoughts on it

Eve Saint

yeah I decided to throw it out. It does not lay flat on any surface, so crickets can hide behind the wood and my lizards wont be able to find the crickets!

Eve Saint

I use papertowels that are REAL wet and lay them really flat, so they permanently stick till I remove them. This way those crickets cant hide under them.​

Visit our friends