Zoo Med Repti Temp 500R - Any good?

Noahboa1

Avid Leopard Gecko Keeper
Hey, I was wondering if the "Zoo Med Repti Temp 500R" is a reputable thermostat to use.

themostat500r.jpg

Thanks!
~Noah

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think someone has asked this before because I recall posting what I'm about to post before: I got one with a bunch of stuff from someone and I'm using it. It seems to work decently (though I wouldn't power an incubator with it). The main thing I don't like about it is that there's no callibration on the heating dial so I have to use the thermometer and guess. The cheaper thermostats that do have callibration aren't exactly accurate, but it gets me into the ballpark.

Aliza

Noahboa1

Avid Leopard Gecko Keeper
So would I be better off spending and extra 20 bucks and get this one? Or should I just save $100 and get a Helix?
es68020.jpg

Alex G

I have one, but I've never used it as with only two active tanks atm I just need lamp dimmers, but the reviews I saw for it were decent. It gets the job done.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Most of my tanks are running off the ESU in your picture and have been for the past 6 years. They have done the job well.

Aliza

aburningflame

i was talking to imperial geckos on here and they convinced me to get a herpstat...its only about $130 after shipping - and id rather not have to replace the thermostat

Visit our friends