4" heat tape

roger

I have installed my heat tape in my new racking.My question is I have the herpstat set for100 deg figuring that inside the tub it would be 95 deg.The warm end of my tub does read 95 deg but when I touch the bottom of the tub it doesnt feel warm.I have the probe taped to the bottom of the tub.Has anyone else encountered this? I know my herpstat is working.It is a new one.i am using 2221 rubbermaids.The bottoms kind of warps so the bottom of the tub isnt sitting right on the tape.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
+1, if it is reading out 95 deg then its working. What substrate are you using? This may affect how the heat radiates, thus you don't think its working.

Khrysty

Remember, your body temp runs at around 98*. It's not surprising that the bottom of the tub doesn't feel too warm to you. I'd trust the readout if the probe is in the right place.

roger

I am using 2 temp probes.One on the middle shelf and one inside the tub.What can I use to keep the Herpstat probe on the heat tape.I don't wanna use tape its too sticky.Can I use anything else to affix the probe to the heat tape.

Misstasha

dont mean to steal the thread, but, i have heat tape and it doesn't get higher than 80-85 in the winter. is that becuz i dont hvae a thermostat? I have a dimmer switch and its on max!!

roger

Hi Miss

Is it the 4 " flex watt ?? My temps are a lot warmer now.I have the herpstat set for 100 deg on the heat tape and it now reads 95 deg on the warm end.U definately need a Thermostat not a dimmer.How cold is your room ?

Ehatcher

be careful with the temps. I have my herpstat set on 96* with the probe on top of the heat tape... the inside floor of the tubs read 95-96*. I am losing very little, if any heat through the tubs.

jermh1

Ehatcher,what do use to keep the probe on the heat tape?
just slap a piece of foil tape on it, it is sticky but shouldnt hurt anything. or you could use blue masking tape.

If it gets too cold heat tape will only get so hot, in an unheated closet where I used to keep my roaches, it would drop into the 40s and the heat tape would only get into the 70s ant that was right on the tape. inside the tubs it was in the 50s -60s so I had to move them. At room temp 70 the tape gets over 100.

Visit our friends