A gecko care book made by Geckoforums

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
I dont'know if i posed this on the right place..

I thought that maybe a informative book about gecko's, fat tailed gecko's. A book for professionals and beginners of how to care for you gecko. Not just a small one no a book that tells us everything we know. from professional breeder that can tell us loads. And simple small things but are as importation. And then you can buy it in the geckoforums store.

An example for the front page. (i felt like making one) But i lookst bad. make a better one later.

front.jpg

THE WHISPERER

The hard part with this is there are too many things that people disagree on, so whose opinion would you publish? I also don't see a lot of forum members paying for a book with info that is available to them for free on the forum. JMO

Wreptile

HTReptile
I actually think this is a good idea. I do agree with Rick though, people have different opinions.
I would probably buy one. It'd be MUCH easier to look at a book, then go searching through the forum with multiple posts and different information.
Just my opinion though. ;)

S

SDahmer

I think it's a good idea. As for debatable subjects, you could include both sides. For example, the pros and cons of keeping geckos on sand, that way people can at least make an educated decision.

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
Thanks, i would buy one my self to. But if it's done, we should find people who want to work whit us to make something like that.

Wreptile

HTReptile
I'm pretty good with photoshop.. That would be the program to use for the cover.
What about organizing the pages? What program would you use for that? (ex. putting images in, writing down the text, etc.)

This could be a really fun project.
Plus, I know the owner of a privately owned reptile shop, and he would probably buy some to sell.

Last edited:

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
That would be brilliant! I am thinking of making everything whit pohotoshop. I have photoshop CS4 So that should be oke. I think it's would be to big to include geckoforums intirely.

If some would like to help whit the writing that should be great.

I'll be posting some plans soon.

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
What I like about this idea IS the varying opinions on how to care for leopard geckos.
I mean, there IS the leo bible, and it's helpful and well written, but to have SOOOO many owners and breeders come together for input on a leopard gecko book would be GREAT.

Would things like genetics/morphs, incubation, and hatchling care be included?

I could provide pictures of various care items and procedures if you'd like.
Like, I could provide a picture of incubating eggs, hatchling set up for a rack system, hatchling pictures, adult pics, dishes, etc. along with other members and their pictures of anything they'd want to contribute as well.

Are you wanting to go that route with something like this?

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
I am, i would appreciate your help a lot C; It would be brilliant if you could write about this two..

And your photo's will be greatly wanted.

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
Uh, I don't know about writing anything.:main_laugh:
I do not consider myself an expert on leos by ANY means.
I know how to take care of one, I know how to incubate eggs, I know how to care for hatchlings, but as far as morphs and genetics go...yeah, don't ask me.:main_laugh:

But I'll be happy to provide pictures.:D

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
We need some one to write something about incubating and care for hatchlings. But if you cange your minde please say so.
The photo's are muchs welcome. C:

Haligren

is behind you.
I don't know if I could write a section but I would like to offer my services as an artist if you don't already have one. I do the Lazy Gecko comics - the link is in my signature - and there's also a link to my Deviant Art site if you're interested. I've grown fond of drawing and painting the little guys. :)

Chibii

A Bright Reptile
I don't know if I could write a section but I would like to offer my services as an artist if you don't already have one. I do the Lazy Gecko comics - the link is in my signature - and there's also a link to my Deviant Art site if you're interested. I've grown fond of drawing and painting the little guys. :)

You have some amazing art. The only thing is that we already have some one for the graphics's. It would be nice if you could write something, and maybe use one of you comics for the book. if you like.

P

pumrehop

Great little topic.
And Nice work--thank you for sharing- for me this makes perfect sense though.

Visit our friends