Afghanicus eyes

ang3l3s

I know Eric from Oregon touched up on this on LNL but wondered if anyone else found something different about the eyes of the Afghanicus??? I find them totally different from any of my geckos eyes as well as others period!!!

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Here's my special male from Eric... The color is washed out... The brown orange color is more like copper... As far as I know there's only a few of these...

p1100831.jpg

We bred him to my Afghan female and I have plans to put him with a Bell with pretty unique eyes too... I'm hoping for a female or two like him from the pure cross so we can really see whats going on... Maybe there's a super form... :D

robin

and maybe, just maybe its a subspecies characteristic or a locality characteristic

paulnj

Robin.... I have only seen 3 with eyes like that ;) I can say I have had 30+ pure afghans go through my racks and only the one from Eric has eyes like that ;)

To the best of my knowledge, all afgans in the US came from one group.

MXWreptile

www.mxwreptile.com
All of my afghans have those eyes. If anyone is interested in fresh blood, I can ship overseas, unrelated with anyother afghans in the US.

@Paul
From which group? Who own the group?

Max

paulnj

Max, I can pick up in Hamm ;)

Alberto got his from europe(don't know where or who) and most (if not all) come from that group.

robin

Robin.... I have only seen 3 with eyes like that ;) I can say I have had 30+ pure afghans go through my racks and only the one from Eric has eyes like that ;)

To the best of my knowledge, all afgans in the US came from one group.

paul, sometimes within a natural population of a ssp you will find a sub population (not supspecies) of animals that may have a different characteristic than others of the ssp. it all depends where the original animals were collected from. these sub populations generally have a very small range and sometimes are geographically divided by rivers hills,some geographic change. this happens in boa contrictors constrictor. i am also sure this happens in other geckos and pythons as well.

i am not trying to be an ass but this is always a very likely possibility when working with pure sub species

all the afgahns may have come from the same captive group but the geographic origins of those individual geckos are a mystery.

Visit our friends