AFT designer genetics?

J

Jerhart

Hey all!

I have been out of the gecko game for a while. I use to have a small breeding colony of Leos about 10 years ago or so. I have been working strictly with Ball and Carpet pythons for about the past 8 years. However I have REALLY been itching to get back into geckos. :) And I am thinking I want to work with AFTs. I am going to be getting an amel male soon.

My question is, can someone give me a crash course in all the dominant, co-dom, and recessive traits out there? I know that the amel and hypo traits are recessive, but what else is out there? I have seen a reduced and aberrant pattern, how do these traits work? Are there any super forms, ie. PastelxPastel=SuperPastel?

Thanks in advance everyone! I have been lurking for some time, and I love the info on this site. :main_thumbsup:

-Josh

chansbrow

Hey Josh,
Sorry... I saw this this morning but didn't have time to reply before work.

This list you found seems to be a pretty good list of what is out ther so far:
(I updated a wee bit)
1. Carmel Albino (recessive)
2. Clown (I have no idea)
3. Axanthic (recessive)
4. Patternless (recessive)
5. Stripe (Dom)
6. White Sock (Rec?)
7. White Out (Co-Dom)
8. Aberrant (Polygenetic)
9. Normal (Polygenetic)
10. Zero (Co-Dom)
11. Ghost (Rec)
12. Stinger (Not sure)

P.S. you said...
However I have REALLY been itching to get back into geckos. And I am thinking I want to work with AFTs. I am going to be getting an amel male soon.

If it itches bro, SCRATCH IT! Welcome back to the world of geckos. You cant go wrong with some nice fatties :main_thumbsup:

Regards,
Chris

J

Jerhart

Thanks Chris! :cowboy:

I am looking to get a codom down the road....probably way down the road. :D

Who all is working with the Zero? Has anyone done a Zero x Zero breeding yet?

-Josh

ang3l3s

jmg, the urban reptile,and 1 more i can't remember, pacherp is doing some stuff too

J

Jerhart

Thanks! I was prowling JMG's site last nite. Boy do they have some cool stuff going on there! I will check the Urban Reptile out too! Thanks again! :main_thumbsup:

the_angel_007

Just have a question aboute 7. White Out (Co-Dom)
Should I have a normal fatti or a amel fatti to par with to get 50% 50% white out´s babys?

Im not so good with al this new fatti morphs :/

Visit our friends