Anyone use these....

Whitey

Ok, so I need more room and right now I have two 55 gallons on one stand which takes up quite a bit of room. I am looking into getting these.... http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=22&de=665631

I have seen people on here try or say they were going to make these themselves. I was just wondering if anyone has tried making them or if anyone has bought them, how they worked out. I realize $1000 to some people isn't a lot of money, but to me $1000 is a lot. Thanks.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I've heard good things about PVC cages, but if you want to save money and build your own, wood is inexpensive and easy to work with. There are some nice cage plans here.

Khrysty

Oooh I keep looking at those. If I had the money I'd have them for sure! As is, I'm going to end up building something similar here in the coming months

sammer021486

what are you going to house in them?

depending on how you want them to look it may be less expensive to build your own or purchase manufactured if it is going to cost you more to build your own.

I built a 55 gallon tank for around $100US, about $120CND. So again depending on what it is going to be used for and the building cost is what determines the final choice.

Whitey

lol... Well, I've actually been planning on building my own but I don't want to go through the hassle if people have negative things to say about them. I can't imagine what could be negative about these things, but I'm sure there is something I'm not thinking about. Yeah, I do believe that they are a bit pricey (and that ad that I posted is the cheaper ones!!!! OMG). I will be housing leopards btw...

Whitey

UPDATE: I said screw making them myself and just broke down and ordered some today. The measurements are 48x24x12 (LxWxH), and I ordered them broken into 4 separate compartments, so each compartment is 12x24x12... more than enough room for 2-3 leopards. I ordered 4 shelves of them, so I will have 16 compartments total. Can't wait for them to get here around the beginning of February.

robin

ok :)

i do not know the company but if those cages are like those others cages, you will like them. did you get heat already installed on them? heat tape or heating cable?

Whitey

Nope, gotta buy that separately, but what is nice about these racks is that you can stack them they have a bit of space in between them for the heat tape so that they are not "sandwiched" in between each rack.

robin

yeah most of the ones that are stackable that come with heat do allow ventilation between them

Whitey

I just realized, all I have right now are UTH's, so I am going to need to buy heat tape correct? And who could I get that from who attaches the cord to the heat tape and ships it to you that way? Thanks for the help.

robin

well i do not know how these cages are made. best thing to do is email the company and see what they suggest. chances are it will be heat tape that you have to wire yourself, also you are going to need a good thermostat like a helix or herpstat

Visit our friends