AP Rack sale= me happy!

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
I never thought I'd go from tanks to a rack system but after a while I've realized tanks are a waste of space and all of these incandescent bulbs are really heating up my room!

Sooo I've been toying over buying a rack system from Animal Plastics for a while now but wasn't quite motivated....

I was going to just learn something new and build my own rack (even if it meant a few mistakes here or there) until I found the sale!
http://www.apcages.com/
http://www.apcages.com/Sterilite/EP.html

I was jazzed to see the "Economy Plastic" Juv/Adult Rack 6 shelf for SALE... it cost me about the same as buying the 4 shelf one so I went ahead and bought it (an early birthday present to myself lol).

Now I only need a good thermostat. Any recommendations?

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
I know, it still seems like a lot of money. But... I imagined how many times I might have messed up on making my own rack. Then how much money it would cost me to have to buy more wood (if I cut the wrong measurements), possible broken electrical drills, etc. LoL! I hope I made the right choice!

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
I use a dual Ranco-ETC-111000 setup. This or a similar setup is the safest way to go, the second thermostat is the one controlling the heat tape, while the first acts as a safety shutoff in case of failure leading to overheating. $150 may seem expensive compared to a $30 zoo med or equivalent, but how much do you have invested in that rack full of geckos? Saving a few bucks could cost you a lot more in the long run.

Yikes..... It looks like we will be picking up a couple of new thermostats in the near future.

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
update

I use a dual Ranco-ETC-111000 setup. This or a similar setup is the safest way to go, the second thermostat is the one controlling the heat tape, while the first acts as a safety shutoff in case of failure leading to overheating. $150 may seem expensive compared to a $30 zoo med or equivalent, but how much do you have invested in that rack full of geckos? Saving a few bucks could cost you a lot more in the long run.

Tony- You'll be happy to know I decided last night to invest in the Double Ranco thermostat. I figured if I go cheapo or don't get a good back up if our house were to burn down it would be probably 20,000x more money lost than if I just invest a little moolah into the Rancos. ;)

I also ordered a few of the "midget" water crocks for my racks. I thought about using disposables but then imagined the cheap plastic dishes being knocked over, the water soiling my tubs. They ran me $1.75 for 12. I wanted to buy them from a different site that had the same thing for $1.00/each but I had to go with Reptile Basics because I got to use PAYPAL and just pay directly from my bank account. Ever since my ID was stolen a couple years ago I NEVER trust using my charge card for online stuff :/

Now, I'm still undergoing the loooong wait for my AP rack.
Right now I'm worried about the newer Sterilite "Latch-Box" style 15qt and 34qt not fitting right into my new rack :{

goReptiles

I have a heat rope ap rack. It doesn't heat enough. Hopefully u got the heat tape one they've come out with. I don't think the tubs u have will work.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Glad to hear you went with the double thermostat, it really is cheap insurance. I have never tried the latchboxes, but I have a feeling that they are not going to fit.

Visit our friends