APTOR v.s. Tremper

MiamiLeos

okay, so i've seen so many leos that really just look like Tremper Albinos being advertised as APTORS.. i have also seen leos that, to me, look like APTORS being sold as Tremper Albinos. so my question is.. what is the defining characteristic between an APTOR and a Tremper Albino?

Johno305

I :heart: RAPTORs
I thought an APTOR was the name given to the HET RAPTOR babies that come out when your trying to breed for 100% RAPTORS...basically what I thought was that all APTORS are Trempers HET for RAPTOR...correct me if I'm wrong...

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Aptors are supposed to be Albino Patternless Tremper ORange, usually they are het for eclipse (het for the gene that turns the albino eyes red)

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Aptors hatch without any body pattern and usually with a fully striped tail. Tremper hybinos can have a similar appearance as adults but hatch mostly banded and with banded tails.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I thought the "Paternless" in (R)APTOr was a line bred patternless stripe trait, not true (Murphy) Patternless?

You know what, I allways thought it was a true patternless, If somone can clear that up it would be helpfull, but I allways thought it was a proper gene not just poly.

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
Is Patternless Stripe a line bred trait, or controlled by a single gene?

Yes and no lol.

From my understanding. The stripe and reverse stripe are derived from the jungle gene. The stripe and the reverse stripe cross cancel each other out giving you a patternless looking animal. Because this forum of patternless is derived from stripe/reverse stripe lines you get the name patternless stripe.

EDIT: What I meant by yes and no is, the jungle/stripe/reverse stripe gene(s) are more on the side of line bred, but, can kind of act a little recessive (recessive is the best word I can think of). Because the stripe/reverse stripe came from jungles they kind of are controlled by the same gene.

Last edited:

MiamiLeos

ok...so lemme get this straight... all these "APTORS" online that have bands across their bodies are not really APTORS, but Tremper Hybinos instead?

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
ok...so lemme get this straight... all these "APTORS" online that have bands across their bodies are not really APTORS, but Tremper Hybinos instead?

Not necessarily. The normal pattern for a leopard gecko is banded. Baby hybinos are born with bands, but lose them as they age. So if you see a banded gecko labeled as "Banded Raptor" it is just the normal pattern of a leopard gecko + eclipse + Tremper.

Hope that made sense lol.

EDIT: When you see an Aptor with bands they are probably just referring to its Aptor/Raptor lineage.

Last edited:

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member

"Aptors" with bands would be mislabeled. They should be called Trempers het Aptor. There is a big difference between a banded Tremper het Aptor and an Aptor when you breed them. If you breed 2 banded het Aptors together you'll get almost all bandeds and a few jungles but the chances of getting a true Aptor are very low. That's why there's a price difference between the two.

Visit our friends