Bad shedding on toes

Tjardo

Hello,my leopard gecko has troubles shedding on his toes. Every other area he sheds fine but his toes just are a big issue. It's been pretty stuck for atleast a week and theres not even any beginning where I can help peel it off. It's stuck on like 8 of his toes. I'm giving him daily baths or a sauna and I rub his toes with olive oil every day. I also ordered some zoo med shed aid so maybe that will work magic but I'm pretty stuck on what to do. I went to the vet and they could only give a vitamine injection which has not helped at all. I also mist his enclosure

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You have to use your fingernails. Get the toes wet. Hold the gecko near your stomach and drape your shirt tail over its head so it thinks it's hiding. Hold one leg and scrape off the shed with your fingernails. It may happen that there's a little bleeding, but that's OK. Some geckos never shed their toes well so you may have to do this every time.

Aliza

Tjardo

Thanks for your reply, he already hated his baths and bit me a few times so will see how this goes lol. How long should I expect it to come off or should it come off almost immediately?

Visit our friends