Been a little while

E

e1evatedd

Hey guys, its been a little while since ive posted here but now ive got some pictures of my couple month old albino leopard and a couple questions to see if everythings normal.

dsc01015hk.jpg

dsc01019r.jpg

For the most part Tiger stays in her moist hide above the UTH, but lately she hasnt been eating much (1 worm every 2-4 days) and she tends to not leave that moist hide. It kind of just sounds like hibernation, but should i be worried about her not eating much? When i take her out ill put some reptivite powder on her mouth and she'll lick it off, so that should help some. She's also very friendly to hold, my friend said they can bite and it can actually hurt.. is that true? Thanks for the help, let me know what you think of Tiger.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Do you know what the temperatures are in the tank. If she's staying in one warm spot all the time maybe the temps are too low. This will also cause the appetite to slow. Leopard geckos can bite but but they usually don't. They usually only bite if they're really hungry and think you're food or you startle them.

E

e1evatedd

Do you know what the temperatures are in the tank. If she's staying in one warm spot all the time maybe the temps are too low. This will also cause the appetite to slow. Leopard geckos can bite but but they usually don't. They usually only bite if they're really hungry and think you're food or you startle them.

On the warm side its 90-92, cold side about 78-80. I would get a heater bulb on the cold side but i heard albino's have more sensitive eyes and don't really want to risk it.

Khrysty

On the warm side its 90-92, cold side about 78-80. I would get a heater bulb on the cold side but i heard albino's have more sensitive eyes and don't really want to risk it.

You could try a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) if you want to raise the ambient temp. They give off no light at all, just heat

Visit our friends