beginner gargoyle question

Dow

Hey, first post here. We're planning on getting a gargoyle gecko as a family pet this Christmas. Our son (almost 13) will be the primary keeper. He bred African spiny mice for about three years, and is very responsible where animals are concerned. We've also had dart frogs for the last six years (ranitomeya imitator chazuta... the male was just calling).

So here's my question. What is a fair price to pay for a gargoyle gecko? We're not looking for crazy color morphs or breeding stock, just a healthy pet. There's a reptile expo in December about an hour away from is, and we'll be going there to look (Texas Reptile Expo).

Thanks!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
When I was breeding geckos I would sell my regular looking gargoyles for about $75 and my really red ones for $90. That was 6 years ago. Prices can be all over the map. Check out morphmarket.com and you'll see a whole bunch of gargoyles for sale. Go through the entire expo and note prices and colors. I think you'll be able to figure it out based on those things.

Aliza

Dow

By the way, which is better, getting one from a pet store or from an expo? A local reptile place has one that's probably 3-1/2 inches long.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If the reptile place is not a big box store and they can tell you what breeder they got it from it may be worthwhile. On the other hand you'll have more choices if you go to an expo.

Aliza

Visit our friends