Best prices on feeder insects?

Herpin Man

Mealworms cost me virtually nothing - I culture my own. They are extremely easy. In my opinion, nobody using mealworms should ever have to purchase them more than once.

RORO

For some reason my colonies keep getting grain mites and Im allergic to mealworms and possibly the mites. I tossed my whole colony. Started with fresh oatmeal that I put in the freezer and the whole mite infestation came back. And its not like a little mite infestation it was severe.

Herpin Man

Allergies are a real bummer. I seem to be developing an allergy to dubia, which I culture. I wear a respirator when cleaning the colonies, but just pulling a few feeders gives me a runny nose, and sometimes a headache.
The mites may have been an indication that the bedding was too moist or humid.

TexAg91

Where do you find has the best prices on feeder insects? Especially meal worms?
I have found “good” prices on BSFL, mealworms and (to a little lesser extent) dubia roaches at dubiaroaches.com. $7.95 shipping on any size order. Ships from Wichita Kansas.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In general, google "mealworms (or whatever feeder you're looking for) for sale" and then do comparison shopping.

Aliza

CallyGeck011

Where do you find has the best prices on feeder insects? Especially meal worms?
Personally, I use Georgia crickets to buy all my mealworms and crickets and they sell freeze dried skittles too! The prices are inexpensive and have a wide variety of insects for reptiles! Hope this helps!

Visit our friends