Blood on my male leopard gecko's tail

Dskandal

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if this is something I need to be concerned about. This gecko was living a really healthy life. His tail now shrunk a bit since he was overweight and now I find some blood on his tail... washed him up and there are no "cuts" and it isn't too deep of a wound. Is this something serious please, do I need to take him to the vet.?

Thanks attached a pic of his tail.

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_171947.jpg
    IMG_20210827_171947.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

NearMeGeckos

You can put some pain reliever free clear antibiotic ointment on it twice a week. He is not fat. By he tail, he looks really skinny. They need nice plump tails. How much and in what amount of what are you feeding how often?

Dskandal

You can put some pain reliever free clear antibiotic ointment on it twice a week. He is not fat. By he tail, he looks really skinny. They need nice plump tails. How much and in what amount of what are you feeding how often?
Hi, he used to be fat had to fix his diet but he wouldn't eat after a while and the tail is now healed, unfortunatly his beautiful pattern on his tail is gone. I realized that he needed more food the moment I weighed him so now they're taking mealworms once every two days (I fill the whole worm bowl) and sometimes I give him a wax worm here and there and he's getting fatter now :).

NearMeGeckos

Hi, he used to be fat had to fix his diet but he wouldn't eat after a while and the tail is now healed, unfortunatly his beautiful pattern on his tail is gone. I realized that he needed more food the moment I weighed him so now they're taking mealworms once every two days (I fill the whole worm bowl) and sometimes I give him a wax worm here and there and he's getting fatter now :).
The coloration will come back over time.

Visit our friends