Breeding two different species??

ladylocks

Has anybody ever wanted to breed two different species? I wanted to know if it could be possible to breed a blue tongue skink with a Sudan plated lizard. Or maybe a blue tongue and fire skink? Let me know what you guys think.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The problem with breeding 2 different species is that you get mutts that some people feel can muddy the gene pool. THat said, there's a nice article on Gecko Time from someone breeding crested x chahoua. In the article, he discusses pros and cons of interspecies breeding (and even the whole notion of interspecies) in a really interesting way. The article is here: Gecko Hybridization | Gecko Time

Aliza

ladylocks

I have read that article, personally, I think that doing this can make somewhat of a 'hybrid'. Like that article said, it occurs in nature more than we think. Maybe that's how new species form? I am aware of all the side effects, but I think that a skink and a plated lizard would make an interesting lizard. A lot of people are against doing this, but I think it's maybe worth a shot. Who know, they might not breed.

Last edited:

Visit our friends