Calibrating an Hova Bator

Adinar

We just got out Hova Bator earlier this afternoon and since then I've been trying to get the temps down to about 85-86 for our eggs. The temp stays up around 90-93 and I turn down the thermastat to the point where the wing nut doesnt turn anymore. Am I doing something wrong? The directions that came with the incubator were fairly vague, so I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

L-G-C

More than just leos now
I had similar problems but I have forgotten what I did so that the temps went down. I looked up the directions on the internet so maybe you should try that..?
good luck otherwise...

Adinar

I had similar problems but I have forgotten what I did so that the temps went down. I looked up the directions on the internet so maybe you should try that..?
good luck otherwise...

I just googled the instructions and found that the instructions that are online are different compaired to the ones that came in the box.

In the box instructions it says to screw on the wafer then adjust wafer until it clicks... then turn the screw backwards 4 times. Allow heat to stabilize...blah, blah, blah.

On line instructions say to screw on wafer then adjust wafer until it clicks, then 4 additional turns. Allow heat to stabilize...

I double checked the model number and everything and it's the same one. I did what the online instruction said, so hopefully we're back on track...

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Are you using the thermometer the hovobator comes with to check temps or your own? I'd recommend a digital thermometer with probe rather than the mercury thermometer it comes with, if you're not already doing that. Also, as you may know, many people feel they will get more reliable results by adding a proportional thermostat.

Good luck with it,

Aliza

Visit our friends