CGD food dried around gecko mouth.

Teeeoooo

Hi,

My Juvenile Chahoua Gecko Milo has managed to get CGD on his mouth from his face being in it and hasn’t licked it all off, as a result he has some of it dried around his mouth and chin. It doesn’t affect him opening his mouth and he still functions normally. It’s hard enough that it doesn’t come off with a rub with my finger. I know it can affect their feet when it causes them to clump together or prevent circulation but of course in this case it’s not really affecting him. Should I leave it and hopefully it’ll come off over time or from shedding? I tried to get some pictures but it’s hard to get him to focus. The little white dot on his lips is just calcium dusting from dubia roaches.

Thanks,

Theo IMG_0762.jpeg IMG_0761.jpeg IMG_0760.jpeg

Last edited:

Teeeoooo

hello and welcome to the group! can you try misting him extra, letting it soften up, then wiping it away?
Hi thank you! I will try that tomorrow though my concern is, from seeing how the cgd hardens in a food bowl, water doesn’t seem to soak it that much when it’s hardened over night or more. Hopefully because it’s a small amount on his skin rather than a bowl it’ll be different. I’ll keep you updated!

Visit our friends