Crickets

SammyIsACoolGecko

So I bought some new feeder crickets a week back for my leopard and they all went in a cricket container. Brand new. They managed to find a way out so the container is in a netting container so ventilation isn't a problem. However all the crickets that are escaped into the netting enclosure have started to die. They flip over on there backs and violently twitch after this stage they seem to rapidly die. They have water, plenty of ventilation, and food! I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on. Can someone enlighten me? Are they still safe to feed to my gecko?

The lizards

I can't tell you anything about what's happening with the crickets because I have no clue what's happening..... but if you're asking if you can still feed dead crickets, I do! When a lot of my crickets dye, I tong feed the dead crickets. I have to drag the cricket on the tongs like it's alive because otherwise they aren't interested. Good luck!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes the crickets I get do well for the whole 2 weeks (I get 2000 every other week). Sometimes they die as you described for no good reason. The geckos are all fine.

Aliza

Visit our friends