Dented Leopard Gecko Eggs

White Shaq

I am a first time leopard gecko breeder and my female leopard gecko just laid eggs and they were dented. I still put them in the incubator and did everything like normal but I did raise the humidity a bit. one of the eggs is about 50% deflated and the other is about 10 - 20% deflated. I was just wondering what I should do and if the eggs could still hatch with the proper care. I have the temperature at 90 degrees and the humidity at 89%. I put A cup of water in to help get the humidity up, but it still was not going up so I put another in and that seemed to bring it up. Any help would be appreciated.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If this is your gecko's first clutch, there's a good chance they may not be fertile and that's why they look dented. Fertile eggs tend to firm up pretty quickly and infertile eggs are more like little water balloons. Keep them in the incubator and see what happens. You're likely going to get another pair of eggs in a few weeks and eventually there should be some fertile ones (no guarantee ---some females just never get there).

Aliza

Visit our friends