Determining Gecko species

Manu

Hello together,

I found a Gecko in the basement, I asked everyone in the building, no one is missing it.

Can you help me determining the species to set up the adequate enclosure and get the correct feed for him or her. Yesterday, I set up a small box and catched some mayfly, small spiders, on many lighted store windows and some cellar rattles at night. But the Gecko refused to eat...

Today I managed to get a glass terrarium, a 75 watts light and as life feed unfortunately only meal worms, a UV light will follow on Sunday and I hope I will find some store selling micro crickets tomorrow.

The Gecko is approx. 4cm without tail. He seems to be active at night (pupils are slit shaped). I would be happy if you could help me!

Attachments

• IMG_20200911_191339.jpg
    IMG_20200911_191339.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200911_191329.jpg
    IMG_20200911_191329.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200911_220849.jpg
    IMG_20200911_220849.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I can't be sure but it looks like (and usually is with found geckos) a house gecko, Hemidactylus frenatus, so google care for that. Don't be surprised if it doesn't eat initially because it has to get used to its environment and may not be in great shape after basement living.

Aliza

Manu

Hello Aliza,

Thank you for your help.
That is something I can begin to work with, the Gecko started eating some Drosophila: yay.

My friends asked me if I am insane netting Drosophila above their compost and taking them into my flat, while everyone wants to get rid of them

see you

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Ultimately fruit flies will be kind of small for this gecko. You may end up needing to get crickets or dubia roaches.

Aliza

Visit our friends