Does anyone have any recommendations?

GeckoGuys

So I know it’s not proven that Leopard geckos need UVB but I thought it would provide some extra benefits, I’ve gotten the UVB lamp, and there’s not much information online, it said 5% so I picked up a 5.0 UVB Reptisun I got it on sale and I thought it was a good deal? What do you guys think, if its not any other affordable UVB lighting y‘all would suggest? I do find that my gecko bask under the UVB I know it sounds weird, he has a good amount of Vitamin D levels as his skin isn’t all floppy etc, so what do you guys think? Id be glad to switch it out if it’s to much for my little guy.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not a lighting expert, but a 5.0 sounds fine to me. Your gecko doesn't need much, so even if he only comes out a few times a day he'll get some. I think you may want to consider continuing to supplement just in case.
Aliza

GeckoGuys

Okay thanks! I do dose of multivitamins and Calcium for him, But thanks for the insights I didn’t know the difference from 5.0 to 5% cause I’m not really a lighting expert either, thanks for the tip!

Visit our friends