Does anyone just keep pets?

Bellalee

I had an accidental breeding I kept one of the babies and the other 4 are with very good friends so I can watch over them. I was thinking about breeding, and then I thought about all the geckos out there already, and decided you know what it's probably not best for me. I honestly think it's silly for everyone in the world to be breeding. If everyone was what's the point? Just to breed and breed until we beat someone? Idk.. I have strong opinions on this subject, so I better shut my mouth.

So yes they are pets only!

scottjusa

Lizards
Or does everyone here collect and breed?

Good question. I just keep them. I don't care about what specific breed or morph I have. I can understand why breeders do, but for me, all I care about is that I have a little friend that I will do my best to take care of.

I may conceder breeding the ones I have for myself, but who knows what direction that might take.

LizMarie

I had an accidental breeding I kept one of the babies and the other 4 are with very good friends so I can watch over them. I was thinking about breeding, and then I thought about all the geckos out there already, and decided you know what it's probably not best for me. I honestly think it's silly for everyone in the world to be breeding. If everyone was what's the point? Just to breed and breed until we beat someone? Idk.. I have strong opinions on this subject, so I better shut my mouth.

So yes they are pets only!

I think we might see eye to eye on this subject even though breeding has crossed my mind once or twice, same idea goes with breeding any animal.

JaZ

Pets and pets I breed. Meaning each gecko I have is a important pet to me. And don't get me started on the hatchlings.:smitten:

GeckoNub

Atm mine are all pets but i would like to breed them in the future. I dont care about money, i want to experiance the whole thing of hatching the babies out and bringing new life into the world :)

Even if i keep them all myself (dont tell the hubby that though) then ill be happy because i got to have the experiance and then have more little friends :D

Plus if nobody had bred them in my area i wouldnt have the ones i have now ;)

Visit our friends