eco earth?

Spots418

I'm not sure where to post this so I apologies in advance if I' not in the correct post! 2 days ago I upgraded my tank with eco earth and now my leopard gecko isn't pooping. today is day 2. I was told the eco earth won't compact him?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've kept geckos on eco earth before and it's been fine. It's likely that the gecko is still getting used to the new situation so isn't pooping for awhile or it's pooping in a place where it's hard to find the poop because of the eco earth.

Aliza

Spots418

Thanks I'm keeping my eye out! At what point should I start to worry? because I know his spot and the time he always poops. lol which is around 7-9pm. I haven't see it mixed with the eco earth it was the first thing I thought too.

Kris

Spots418

I don't know why I bother posting when I have issue's because as soon as I do my leopard gecko proves me wrong!
He's fine he pooped in the same spot but you were right it was hard to spot it out. He most have done it early this morning and I didn't have coffee yet when I checked!
I swear its like having a new baby in the house I'm always worried!
And a check in about him he always wants to be picked up these days! We are building him his own play pen. That way he can come out a few minutes a night to run around and play!

Kris

Spots418

Yea well last night I watched him eat a mouth full of eco earth! I think I might take a good amount out and just put a dig box.

Kris

Visit our friends