Feeding advice

hollandgirl4

Hi everyone. I have a lovely approximately 8 year old male leopard gecko.
He weighs 106g and is 28cm long. He has eaten mainly crickets all of his life, sometimes having mealworms too, but recently he has started to be more fussy and isn’t tucking into his crickets as he usually would, he is absolutely fine in himself though. Currently he has about 4/5 large sized crickets every other day.
I have recently read about calci worms and dubia roaches and have decided to try him on some of them.
My question to everyone on here is, how many roaches/ calci worms would you feed daily/ every other day for a gecko his size/ weight? And are they a good, nutritious food? I will still feed him on crickets too if he’ll eat them so that he was a varied diet and doesn’t get too bored of the same thing (again)
Thanks in advance.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I guess the first thing to do is to see whether or not he likes them. Then you just pick a number and see what happens. If he eats whatever you put out, give him more and you'll get a sense, and vice versa.

Aliza

hollandgirl4

I guess the first thing to do is to see whether or not he likes them. Then you just pick a number and see what happens. If he eats whatever you put out, give him more and you'll get a sense, and vice versa.

Aliza
Thank you, I wasn’t sure if with the cali worms, if he had too many he would get too much calcium? I worry about over feeding him and I don’t want to make him over weight.
Thank you again, I have ordered some, they should be here on Tuesday so will see if he likes them.

Visit our friends