felt for substrate

C

cams-76

i have heard people use paper towels for substrate and i was told the fine grained crushed walnut lizard substrate i was using wasn't good. I bought some black felt and put it on the bottom of the tank. Is felt okay to use?

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Is it Repti-Carpet or felt from the craft store? The problem I could see with felt is that the fabric dye is not always colorfast (it will bleed when wet) and it cannot be washed.

Khrysty

Maybe try shelf liner? You can find this at the dollar store as well but it CAN be washed and is meant to get wet so there will be no dye issues

Taquiq

JK Herp
Never heard of felt for a substrate, as Khrysty said Shelf Liner is good and cheap. I use paper towels.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I use table mat that is made of cotton, no dye; I liked it and my geckos' claws don't get caught on it. I bought it from IKEA.

SiuFu0804_01.jpg

Hardee1108_03.jpg

Angel

i bought this mat from home depot its a door mat kinda like fake turf but its naturl fiber no color {tan colored} and it can get wet so i scrub it down when it needs a good cleaning but it looks good and gives them something to climb as i nailed it down to there different levels we built inthe tank , there are also no loops so they dont get there nails caught.

Visit our friends