Female Leopard Gecko not eating, but pooping

Kimyoonmi

I bought a female leopard gecko from a pet store (local one--which I've bought from before). (Kiran--posted her before) She grew up with her sister, whom was bought ahead of her. (I was going to buy her sister too, but someone already had bought her). She has a nice fat tail when I bought her.

She's not eating at all. She has no impactions because she is pooing. She looks at the prey, tracks it, but then doesn't eat it. I removed the prey after 24 hours, check the temps, etc, and she still won't eat. I've tried dubia roaches, wax worms (I know, but you know... sometimes you have to try), meal worms, crickets and even a horm worm. She's refusing to eat. All of the other geckos are eating fine.

I've tried tong-feeding, loose feeding, dusting, not dusting the prey items and she still won't eat it. She's losing weight in her tail and middle. It's been about 3 weeks now. I don't know her history before she was sold to the pet store... but she's alert and active otherwise (Likes to explore my apartment with supervision, so I'm monitoring her closely. I'm thinking about upgrading her to eco earth since she prefers that. (She's on paper towels right now because quarantine and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing mites, etc.)

Ideas of what I could do?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here are 2 Gecko Time articles about geckos that won't eat. They contain all the suggestions I had at the time. You could consider a reptile vet visit as well:

Aliza

Visit our friends